Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Ella Rose starts pre-school

The wait was finally over today when I started pre-school. I has been anxiously awaiting my first day of class ever since my big brother and sister started elementary school last week, so I was definitely primed and ready.

A few rough spots as I got comfortable with my new surroundings, and the new people I would be interracting with, but I was getting used to it by the time it was time to go.

To celebrate the first day of fall, we learned about apples. There are three units in our day - inside free play, activities, and outside free play

In inside free play, I drew pictures and played in the kitchen. I was feeling a bit shy, so I didn't want to talk to the other kids much.

During the next section we did three activities. First we painted a tree, using our hand and arm print as the trunk and then sponge painting on leaves and apples. Next we got to do a cooking unit, where we mashed up a cooked apple, added cinnamon and sugar and mashed it some more to make apple sauce. Yum! We made a craft, cutting and gluing apples on an apple tree (I am a really good cutter - I like cutting along the lines).

Then we went outside to play on the playground, and Dad pushed me on the swings. I love the swings, they're my favorite! Then he convinced me to get off the swings and let someone else have a turn (hoping I would join in with the other kids, but maybe next time!), so I went and rode on the tricycle. It was lots of fun, and I couldn't believe when it was time to go home already!

Signed, Ella Rose

No comments: